Monday 12 November 2012

12-11-2012

Well, as you see from the Piccies, I did it, and yes, was accepted again, by the lads. Top picture. 2 guy's on my left, are old boy's, they left in either '66 or '76, next to them was Gazza, he was at Cav Mem too.But I don't think he is too sure how to take me, admittedly back in the regiment, he alway's seemed to be on the outer edges, of my circle. Next to him, JT, a fantastic guy, met him for the first time since I got out, but have been chatting with him on Messenger for nearly a year. It was lovely to see him again. Then another old boy,  in the corner, Toffee Thornton, another one of the lads. People are probably querying the different ties, they are as much a regimental identintity as our cap badges. the RDG were made up of 2 Proud regiments, the 4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards and the 5th Royal Inniskillin Dragoon Guards. Although I was RDG, I started out with the 4th/7th, to become RDG, the 2 guy's next to me were 4th/7th also, hence why we wear the darker ties, the RDG tie is the Greener one.


This one is Nige and John,at first, they both though I was a wife, of one of the Lads, looks on their faces when they realised. Getting to know the old faces and names again. was a good start to the day, on BBC news, included a report from Afghan. With one of the Troopers, by the time Cav Mem comes around again, the lads will be back, safe and sound.
  





Any institution or person using this site or any of its associated sites for study or projects - You do not have my permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current or future. If you have or do, it will be considered a serious violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment